I’ve been a huge fan of Lynda.com for a long time. I’ve found that their video tutorials are excellent, and for the cost of $35 a month, I could take courses, which were equivalent, if not BETTER, than what you could learn from a $400 to $600 college or university course.
Well… I am pleased to tell you, that for anyone with a Toronto Public Library card, or who knows someone with a Toronto Public Library card, these course are now totally FREE!!! If you live outside of Toronto, I would still highly recommend these courses, but for someone living in Toronto this is an unbelievable deal!
With most courses you can download exercise files, which allows you to perform the same actions as the instructors as they step you through each lessons. Each course is usually comprised of 9 or 10 topics with 8 to 10 videos to cover each topic. The videos themselves range from 5 to 10 minutes in length. Learn at your own pace, bookmark important videos for later references, and stop at any time and then start again from where you left off the next time you log on.
- Small Business Secrets
- Up and Running with Linked In
- Email Marketing Basics
- Online Marketing Fundamentals
- Become a Project Co-ordinator
- Shooting awesome sports portraits
- Learn Photography: Autofocus
- Music Production Secrets
- Capturing Audio for Video
- Photoshop: Turn Yourself into a Zombie
- Dreamweaver and WordPress Concepts
- The .NET framework and ASP.NET
- Java Essential Training
- SQL Server Backup and Recovery
- PHP Email with Swift Mailer
Tell Your Friends
If you have any ideas for future articles, which you think would make a good addition to our “Computer Tips” section, then please let us know.